Friday, December 10, 2010

25. Internet: Online Social Networks

Now probably most of students have their own blog or profile online, and the first thing they are going to do when connecting to the Internet might be log on social networking sites such as, Facebook, Myspace and Twitter. Some of students even set the site as his or her home page on the computer. I still remember the first time when I created my own account on Facebook everything seems new for me. Then I started adding friends, editing my profile and checking others’. In the beginning, I keep updating status frequently, posting photos on my profile, and chatting with friends online. But later on, I found that is just waste of time and it shouldn’t be included in my daily routine, I have something more important to do such as my schoolwork or spending time with my family. Just like when I became, as the majority of Facebook user are teenagers, there arises some problem.
In contrast, there are some people find themselves more comfortable on the Internet. Especially for people who are unremarkable in the real life, it gives them a chance to be somebody else. They could have a better expression on social network sites to share their feeling of life and try to make more friends. Social networking is a new way of communication. 
In my point of view, it is necessary for students to communicate with others through online social networking although it might spend some time. It will be an improvement of interrelationship as long as students use online social networks properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment