Friday, December 3, 2010

23. My Thanksgiving in MN

     This Thanksgiving is my first Thanksgiving spending in Minnesota. Last year I went to New York with my friend, Wendy and Sharon. But this year we decided to spend the holiday in different places. Wendy has been to Chicago, Sharon was in Miami while I was just stay at home. Fortunately, my first Thanksgiving here wasn't boring at all since I had a friend who was coming from Indiana. Her name is   Tizzy, but usually been called dizzy. She is my neighbor in Beijing. Actually we had never been to a same school but our parents know each other very much. That's why we still neighbor when we all moved.
     Tizzy called me two days before Thanksgiving said "what is the airport code of your city?" 
     I couldn't believe my ears then asked "what did you say?" 
     She said in hurry "three letters airport code."
     I finally got her, "MSP. Are you booking a flight? Are you coming? When? " The phone ended with my tons of questions.
     Tizzy arrived Minnesota in the afternoon on November 25th, then we went to my aunt Joy's house for a family party.(In China, people called their parent's friends who is about the same age with their parent's as uncle or aunt to show respect.) Joy has a daughter and a son. Her daughter, Melody, who is a student from Harvard University did all cooking with her friends for the Thanksgiving night. Later on, when everyone was coming, they curved the turkey and the party was started. It was a sweet family party! At Thursday midnight, we went to Premium Outlet for "black Friday" shopping. However we weren't stay there for long because of the unbearable cold weather, especially for Tizzy who had never experienced the winter in Minnesota. When backed from Outlet around 3am, we slept till the next afternoon. 
     Tizzy said, what she likes most was one-day tour in Mall of America on Saturday. It wasn't only because there were lots of good deals but also it is a indoor shopping mall :P


No comments:

Post a Comment